People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. - Leo J. Burke

So I've been very lucky with sleep lately. For the last approximate 10 days Arielle has basically slept 12 hours with one dream feed before I go to sleep and one 'middle of the night' feed between 4 and 6...it's been working out wonderfully...then this morning for some bizarre reason she was UP at 4:15...I went in to feed her and she was smiling at me like it was 8 in the morning...so I fed her thinking she'd fall back asleep...which she did...for about 5 seconds...and then we're awake...I brought her into bed with us (since Jonathan had woken up when she did I figured I wouldn't be the only parent awake lol). There for half an hour she laughed and smiled and talked to us while we tried to figure out why the heck she was SO awake.

I figured this would last maybe and hour then she'd get tired again...we'll it's 10 to 7 now and she finally went back down...honestly...and now I'M fully and totally awake...I want to sleep but I can't...*sigh* oh the joys of having children. It figures that today we have plans to go over to Jonathan's Nana's and hang out with some of his family...you know on days when we don't have to do anything she's an angel on days when I'm kinda hoping she'll be well rested and happy she decides to be up at 4...I'm just hoping she naps well today and then is in a good mood later this afternoon or else Jonathan's family is going to think I deliberately get her pissy whenever she sees them...lol

In other, related, news Arielle is now 5 months old and I just can't believe it...she's got to be at the very least 10 pounds heavier than when she was born and 5 -7 inches longer and I can't even believe that she came out of me. She rolls over now whenever the mood takes her and she's getting much better at sitting by herself although she tends to slowly slide to one side. What's really funny is when she looks at me like she can't believe I'm not helping her up...ahaha Sometimes she'll pull herself up and sometimes she'll be so annoyed I'll help her but wow is she getting more independent but then still very much in need of me...ahah It's a good thing, I'm not ready for her to be completely independent of me just yet...I'm aware that she won't be for awhile but I get glimpses into the future and it just makes me want to hold my baby very close to me so that I can continue to cherish these amazing moments...even when I've been awake for 3 hours and it's only 7...lol Heck at least she wasn't crying...she was just...awake.

We're going to my parents for Christmas this year and we leave in 8 sleeps...I'm very excited and can't really seem to think about anything else. I can't wait to introduce my friends and family to Arielle especially Eric and Matthew...she hasn't met her uncles yet and I think it'll be very special for her...even if she's too young to realize it's special...lol Matthew had a hand in naming her so I think it's about time he got to hold her...plus if she gets up early while we're out there I'll be able to take a more conceivable nap to make up for it because between my mom and my sister I doubt I'll see her much...unless she decides to do that clingy thing again...then it's all about mom. Yes I'm very important...at least in Arielle's world.

I'll leave you with one last story. So yesterday after I took this picture of Arielle "helping" me make the bed. I put her in the ExerSaucer and decided to make myself some breakfast. Naturally she decides that is the time to poop. I figure no big deal I'll change the diaper and get back to it...wow I think that was the largest most insane poop this child has done! And of course she does it in the jumper that I have to fully pull OVER her head to remove. SO it's full and sliding all up her back and in her hair. It's all over my hands AND the change table and she keeps putting her hands in it so I'm desperately trying to stop my child from EATING her excrement while running an bath and plunking her into it. I wiped her fully down, put her in a towel and plunked her into her crib still naked while I cleaned everything else up. There was poop EVERYWHERE! I had to wipe down her change pad AND table. I had to rinse and re-rinse the clothes she was wearing, the tub she had been in, plus the actual bathtub and then put it all into the wash downstairs. It was actually quite funny...Arielle spent the whole time rolling around her crib happily clean and naked playing with her bumper pads and soother...she didn't at all seem to mind being there. It was one of those stories I had to tell Jonathan at work just to give him something to smile about. :)

Anyway I think maybe I"ll try to get some shut eye in before my girl wakes up again and life has to continue :) Plus if we're going out tonight I'll have to pack 70 pounds of things to bring for her...man babies need a LOT of stuff...lol
0 Responses