|
First step write a good blog entry...so here goes...wish me luck and I do the same for you cause I have no idea what's gonna come outta me in the next blurb...lol
So in the last month a few major things have happened. We finally moved into our new house and it is most definitely feeling like home now. We still have a few things to clean up and organize but it is vastly different and more improved than it was when we took possession. I love having my own house! I'm still rejoicing over the fact that I can do laundry whenever I want not worrying about tokens and dryers that don't shut off...it's honestly exhilarating...lol There's no one walking on my ceiling AND I have a dishwasher. Sure there's a yard to take care of and different expenses but frankly it's worth it, we were definitely done with apartment living! Onwards and forwards...speaking of...
I've also started back at work which was and is
Tomorrow my parents are coming over and I couldn't be more thrilled! I finally get to show them our house and they get to spend some time with Arielle. It's been four months and I'm pretty sure my mom is going through some major granddaughter withdrawal symptoms...this shouldn't happen again. I think we should see them every couple of months...or, you know...they
THEN on Saturday Julia comes out for a few days just to be here when Arielle turns one. Talk about your dedicated aunt!! Arielle's first birthday is this coming Monday and I can't believe how fast this past year has gone. It doesn't take much for me to remember when we found out we were pregnant, the first listen to her heartbeat and the first ultrasound and now BOOM she's one...it's been so fast and so precious and I'm so glad I live in a country that allows me the chance to take a whole year off of work to enjoy it.
Then in July right around my birthday, thanks to my very generous cousins, Jonathan, Arielle and I are flying out to BC to spend a week there with family...it's going to be so much fun. I'm interested to see how Arielle does with flying now and am not as scared of finding it out since I get to fly with Jonathan...that takes a lot of weight off of me...literally, cause then she can sit on his lap too...lol
So going into the next year I'm hoping to fall into some kind of routine. I'm going to enjoy Arielle as she continues on with all of her firsts...for example she can say 'more' and 'please' in sign language right now. For the most part she mimics me but she seems to really enjoy my positive reaction so I'm hoping for more comprehension into what she's actually saying...although that said I'm fairly certain she knows what 'more' means...lol Naps are WAY better than they were that I almost forget what it was like when she would only nap for 20 minutes...in fact her naps got better as she interacted more with the world around her. Nowadays we can go almost two and a half to three hours sometimes...It would be nice if we could go down to one 3 hour nap in the afternoon with her waking up at around 8 but I'm not gonna be completely unrealistic...lol
Anyway that's more of an update as to how life is going these days...ask questions if I missed something...it might prompt me to post another blog sooner...assuming you even like reading this...hahaha Here's a picture of Arielle being beautiful...as you can see she's working ever so hard at it :)

Thanks for all the updates! I totally hear you on feeling guilty for not updating...it bothers me for weeks, until I finally do it! I'm going to try and be more consistent or stop worrying...we'll see which happens:)
I can't believe Arielle is going to be one in less than a week! I feel like I was just looking at your pregnancy pics! She is so adorable, 1 to 2 is such an awesome year (although so is the first;). Congrats again on your house, it's so nice! And I agree, home ownership is wonderful!
Have fun with all your family, and have an awesome trip! You have a busy and exciting summer:)!
ps--Kallie has that same purple velour sleeper (SO CUTE) and the dress that Arielle is wearing in the bottom pic, our girls are so stylish:)
Glad to know there are those who actually read my updates, it's hard to tell sometimes...lol I'm also glad I'm not the only one who feels guilty...I'm hoping to be more on top of it now.
You're right our girls really are quite stylish, I can't wait to put Arielle in pigtails...I've been envying Kallie's ever since I knew I was having a girl...lol