Top 9 Banman happenings of '09

It's been too long. I really have no excuse except to say it's been too long. This is my habit. I'll blog multiple times a month for a couple of months. Then it dwindles to maybe once a month and then a few months go by with nothing. Not sure why I do this, but I do. It's not like I don't have adorable and cute Arielle stories...I do! I just, for some reason, can't put the time together to actually write what they are. SOOO since it's going to be a brand new year in a couple of days I shall now give you my top nine Banman happenings of 2009!

In no particular order:

9. We became actual home owners. There have been ups and downs but the weirdest reaction was Arielle sleeping, or more accurately NOT screaming, through the first night in the house. She had slept at other homes before, in a play pen no less, so I figured her first night here would be a piece of cake cause her crib would be here. Not so much. She pretty much lasted maybe an hour or two in a row that night and woke up SCREAMING in between. We even took her into bed with us, for the first time since she was very tiny and that resulted in her leaning comfortably against her dad and kicking me. I do not find this fair because she also kicked me A LOT in-utero...cruel twist of fate she would do so outside as well.

Anyway after the first night we've adapted quite well to our new home.

8. Arielle turned one! I don't know who allowed it but someone out there said my tiny little baby could get bigger and age and move around independent of me and eat food that I didn't produce! Who said that? I'm gonna hurt them! Anyway...she turned one and weaned and started walking around and then running around. (anyone else counting the amount of ands in that last sentence?) There were parties and tons of family and copious amounts of cake to get out of her hair. Now that I look at the date she turned 18 months yesterday...my baby is rapidly turning into a bonefide little girl. I wish she would have asked me first.

7. I went back to work at Starbucks, part time. Which is a blessing and a curse for me. Blessing because I do love my job. It's so much fun and it's filled with endless amounts of caffeine, most of it free...so how could I not love it? Curse because I am one of those moms who would rather stay at home with her baby. I really am. If I want some time to myself I have an amazing husband who allows me that time and I have plenty of people to regale me with adult conversation so I think I could do stay at home pretty well. The thing is my job brings us that little bit of extra income that makes it worth it. So right now I'm a working part time mom and that's okay with me...for now.

6. We got to travel a few times over the year putting Arielle on a plane way more in her 18 months than some people have in half a life time. I wonder how many times we can get her on a plane before we have to pay for her. We'll see how the next six months go. Arielle was pretty amazing over all as a travelling girl and actually the more mobile she was the easier it was to keep her entertained...now I just wish that gravol worked for her and she actually slept for part of the flights.

5. Jonathan got news of a some major changes at his work. We aren't going to be without income but at the moment we'll have to wait for 2010 to find out how that income will be arriving. Arielle has been oblivious to it and as be revealing in the holiday season. Enjoying the pretty lights and all of the wonderful new toys and clothes she gets to have. Okay mommy enjoys the clothes more than Arielle does, she tends to gravitate more to the packaging the clothes arrive in.

4. We got a Wii!! I honestly had no interest in Wii or Wii Fit when it first came out. I'd mock the people in the commercial and just figured it would be yet another thing that I would stop doing. Much like this blog really...lol So far I've been doing the Wii Fit for 19 days and I've just missed once. Not bad if I do say so myself. I really enjoy the Yoga and Strength training. It helps me to focus on the areas I want to improve and when I feel the results it just makes me want to do that much more. My favourite thing to do right now is the boxing though, it's so therapeutic to just punch I can't even tell you! My goal over the next couple of months is to lose at least ten pounds and to improve my balance. Cause while I love the Wii I'm sick of the stupid board telling me I'm unbalanced! :p

3. My parents have been able to visit us a couple of times this year and it's been awesome. To go from where we were three years ago to them visiting us together so they can be with Arielle on her birthday is nothing short of a miracle. I am awed by how the Lord has continued to bless us as the months go by. My family is so very important to me and I really love how much time Arielle has been able to spend with them. My siblings included. It's hard when you live so far apart to maintain a level of connectedness and I truly believe that my family has worked extra hard to keep that alive.

2. Personally I have learned this year how important it is to live in the moment. I tend to be of the mind that I always need to be planning ahead and worrying about how the future is going to look. While planning is essential I sometimes let it overshadow what is happening in the moment. I truly believe that Arielle has taught me that there are so many amazing things happening in the moment it's nice to be able to sit back and enjoy them. She's had many momentous occasions this year and I've happily enjoyed everyone.

1. One of the biggest learning curves for me this year is truly realizing the huge blessing my daughter is. Not only is she a blessing she is the embodiment of joy for me. I can assure you that a mere 3 years ago I did think that I would ever feel real joy again and then there was Jonathan. He rekindled my hope and the birth of Arielle rebuilt my joy. She truly is joy personified, I am overwhelmed with how much I love her and continue to love her. I always knew that I wanted to be a mother and it must have been because deep down I knew I'd have the privilege of being a mother to Arielle. She has allowed me to dream again.

So bring on 2010! A year that will bring me a two year old, a husband with a different job and more than likely another home. :)
0 Responses