Small human moving inside of me...

...you know that feels as weird as it sounds. lol It still astounds me that there is a little person all growing and getting bigger inside of me. Also doing a myriad of different acrobatics in the process...it's highly amusing. What is also amusing is my wonderful husbands reaction to the baby moving...which is to put his hand on my stomach and a second later say 'I can't feel anything'...one night I'm gonna tape his hand to my stomach and say he can't move it till he actually feels the acrobatics going on in there! :p Seriously I think the kid will be in on it cause as soon as Jonathan removes his hand I get a kick as if our child is saying 'Patience Dad!' lol

I'm a mere three shifts at work, four days and five nights from going to BC, not that I'm counting down or anything, but I haven't had a real vacation since my honeymoon and frankly don't think I'll get much after this wonderful child of mine comes into the world. :)

You know I was randomly thinking about people and their reactions to pregnant women as well as new babies...let's start with pregnancy (where I'm at) and new babies (where I'll be). First off my belly is open game for rubbing, touching and commenting on...especially after they have confirmation that I am, in fact, pregnant. Now don't get me wrong I've been getting compliments as to how my bump looks but really does that make sense? Your bump looks good...is there a time when it would look bad? Like a child being created in another womb doesn't look as good? I don't get it...plus if it 'looks bad' are you gonna tell me? The whole act of touching my bump is even weirder. Here's my disclaimer, all of you with whom I have a relationship you are welcome to touch my bump it's really okay...I'm talking about a stranger I don't know your name touching it...excuse me that is a very personal part of my person so get your grubby paws off. How come if someone were to just grab at me when I'm not pregnant it would be considered a type of harassment but when I'm pregnant it's fair game? Again...don't get it. I don't know that I'll want to be polite if some strange person starts feeling me up in public...lol

This leads me to the newborn baby syndrome. I've noticed that this really only occurs right and shortly after birth. The first time people see the couple with their new addition it's all grabby hands at the baby. Again, if you are a close friend or member of the family and the parents have given you permission then enjoy holding that baby...but try not to pry the child out of the parent's hands. I readily admit that I am a culprit of wanting to hold a new baby when I see them...granted I am usually in a relationship with the parents so that I know it's okay if I hold their child. Now this is coming from someone who is going to be a first time parent. I gotta say when I'm out in public with my baby I don't want random hands reaching in and trying to take my child without my express permission. It's funny because as soon as the child is old enough to recognize familiar people and unfamiliar people there are less arms trying to hold them. I'm probably over analyzing on many MANY levels and will more than likely calm down, especially when I have more children...but these are my thoughts as they stand...which is wobbly right now...lol

I'm going to step off my soap box now.
2 Responses
  1. lanban Says:

    Why? I love it when you're on your soap box! Enjoy your holiday, dear... no doubt I'll see you when you get back. :)

    -- Ilana


  2. -Me- Says:

    Hi Sheri! I've been lurking on your blog for some time (I read Kristas always)...I used to go to GNF and also grew up in Ear Falls where the Banmans lived for a long time ( we met a few times at church as well)..anyhow, just wanted to say Congrats on the pregnancy, wishing you guys all the best!!!
    Erin