Wow halfway...AHHH

Ehm no I'm fine...really. :) See I had a halfway mark thought early on it went sort of like "Krista will have her baby and I'll be about halfway then it'll be me..." Then beautiful Malakai decided to arrive two weeks early and now it's my turn! LOL

But that's still quite a few weeks away so I'm choosing not to think about it till I have no choice. (Like during my prenatal classes :) Right now I'm still basking in the glow that was seeing my baby for the first time...I mean there's a real person in there. There honestly have been days when I've thought 'am I hallucinating...I'm just getting fat aren't I'...and then there is this person inside me (being shy with letting us know if they are a girl or boy) and the reality of it just sort of hit me. I mean I got to watch his/her little heart beating...and it was happening in me...the whole reality of it is so miraculous and beautiful it's very difficult to describe. I'm just in awe of creation I suppose...and how stubborn my child is already...oh dear.

I'm sort of mixed emotions on the whole deal of still not knowing the gender...I had psyched myself up to knowing what we were having and now that I don't know I'm not really as disappointed as I thought I'd be. I wasn't really keen on being overtly blue or pink depending and honestly I know I'm going to be surprised and thrilled when I find out...it just looks like that is going to be after this child is outside of me (a phenomenon that is just beyond my realm of thinking at the moment).

So tomorrow Jonathan and I are going to pick up the crib my parents got us...I'm not sure when we'll get it set up as the room still has to be cleaned (where are those cleaning fairies I ordered) and organized...but heck the crib will be here so I've decided that's going to be motivation for me...and hopefully for Jonathan too. ;)

I get another day off tomorrow and I'm enjoying the thought of sleeping in and just running errands with my husband...I feel like when I'm working I give so much of my energy to work that by the time I get home I really only have energy to eat and sleep...it's kind of depressing...I wish I could stay home more to be honest...but frankly no one is going to pay me to clean my own bathroom so at the moment I have to go to work. However I am SOOO excited to go to BC at the end of the month...I can't even describe it to you...I get to hang out with family...and get a load of the look on my sister's face when she sees me pregnant...I have an idea it's probably not going to really hit her till then. It'll be great.

Plus the weather is nicer there and I have so many relatives to see and hang out with that it's going to be a nice break from my 'get up and go to work' routine...plus the last trip till oh I guess till we fly out to Ontario for Christmas.

Okay I'm rambling to the point of not really knowing what I'm saying so I'm just gonna post this now. lol
0 Responses