Already into week 10!

So my little girl is already 10 weeks old. I can't believe it! My mom and I talked about her trip out here this week and I thought it was so far away and now she's coming in two days...it's literally felt like a whirlwind! She just gets bigger by the day I think. I can't believe she's almost doubled her birth weight already. But then again when we had her I couldn't believe she was over 7lbs. I think I'm in a perpetual state of unbelief...I can't believe this child is Jonathan's and mine and that I get to keep her. She's just so cute and frankly I think she gets cuter by the day. Every time I look at her she gets just a little bit cuter mostly because she really is constantly smiling...it is all kinds of cute!

She's got a bit of a cold right now so I've had to help her clear her nose which is not a fun process mostly because she hates it. I have to stick this bulb syringe in her nose to extract the mucus (mmm yummy huh?) and if that isn't good enough I have to use saline drops to moisten it. She starts moving her head every time she sees the syringe...so in short she's not very helpful and frankly it's not easy to reason with a 2 month old.

However thankfully it is not a bad cold at all just a case of the sniffles so we have both endured. I wouldn't be so picky about the snot if it didn't impede her eating as much. But it's getting better and there isn't a fever so it's not that bad...why do I keep saying that? Well see my baby is just kind of sick and I hate it...I don't want her to be sick because I can see that it's uncomfortable for her and I want to fix it...oh dear it's just gonna get worse isn't it? Well I signed on for this motherhood gig so I'm gonna have to just suck it up huh? (No pun intended in regards to the snot...lol) Oh dear Lord Sheri stop talking about snot! LOL I hear you, I'll stop. ;)

I like adding pics to my posts because I just find her so cute...hence the random pictures of her...can't help it, gotta share. Today I have cleaned three sleepers that she managed to poop on...I also killed a HUGE spider and tried not to freak out so that I didn't scare Arielle but I swear it was huge. I used one of Jonathan's shoes then realized the floor was dirty and went about vacuuming it. Arielle didn't seem to mind at all but the cat was scared which made me laugh...ahaha

All in all it's been an eventful morning and it's not even noon yet. Anyway Arielle is being a doll and sitting in her chair as she is capable of doing for awhile during the day, so I'm going to go do some dishes before her nap when I will then get a chance to eat...lol I will try to nap but frankly with the amount of sleep she lets me get at night I'm fairly functional throughout the day. I wanted to go for a walk today but there it is supposed to rain so maybe I won't, we'll have to see.

TWO MORE DAYS TILL MOM COMES!! *does a happy dance for Arielle who is, as of yet, unaware of her glee* :)
0 Responses