Two months old!

Today we had to go to the doctor for Arielle's two month shots and boy was it heart breaking. First off she did not at ALL like being naked to be weighed...she just freaked out. I found it very hard to leave her on the scale till he had her weight (13lbs) before I scooped her up to comfort her and get a diaper on because I didn't need her peeing on me...lol

THEN came the needles...oh mercy that was painful...I mean emotionally painful...FOR ME! Hearing my baby cry like that was just the worst thing ever I joined her and cried too...nice for me that her doctor is an absolute sweetheart and Jonathan was there to ask the questions we wanted to ask. I just cuddled my baby till she calmed down...they have a nursing room in the office so I was able to feed her before we left (thanks for that tip Krista it worked like a charm!).

I had booked a pedicure for this afternoon so it was nice to relax a bit while Jonathan watched Arielle although she has basically slept and ate since we got home...I'm sure the experience was very traumatic for her...luckily she won't remember it...right? She's not going to remember and then look at me wanting to know why it hurts because frankly my heart is in shambles because of that...and I know it won't be the last time.

I also got my eyebrows threaded today too so I feel a little more presentable to the outside world...my brows were gaining a life of their own I'm surprised I wasn't scaring small children (Arielle) and little animals (Mao) with those huge things...lol

Tomorrow is the golf tournament with Jonathan's family and then we have two MORE days with him home...it's gonna be a good weekend! :)
1 Response
  1. Krista Says:

    Glad you guys survived your first doctor's visit! Shots are always a traumatic thing. Though I was a little more immune to Kai's crying at his 2 month shots since I endured his circumcision prior to that. Oy. Worst day ever. And no, she won't remember. Heck, she'll probably even smile at the doctor the next time she's there! LOL Hope she (and you) recovers quickly!