|
So it's official Arielle is weaned from the breast.
Hmm...I thought I'd feel better if I just wrote it down but it turns out I don't. I miss it already! It's only been a week since we stopped and she was only nursing once in the morning for about 3 weeks so it's not like it's been heavy at all for awhile but there is something about that connection that I miss so much! I can understand why women want to have more babies after they wean...there's this odd sense of emptiness that I can't explain. I mean clearly she still needs me and I'm still her mom and all that but I don't know...still feel empty.
It probably has something to do with the fact that it's been almost 2 years of my body not being my own, literally being dedicated to this child from the moment of conception so the fact that it doesn't have as much to do now makes me feel a bit empty. I'm reassured by the fact that we do plan on having more children and God-willing we will so I'm sure I'll get to do it again...but never again with Arielle and this makes me sad. :(
There are so many new things I still get to explore with her. Every day she gets more confident in her walking. She's crawling up on things now...most especially her chair...the one I bought when she was 5 weeks old that she could barely fit in...now she's crawling all over it with her legs hanging over the end...it's just so fast people...lol
Some things I absolutely LOVE about this stage...she gives kisses and always has a big smile when she does it. Now that she can walk she loves to run to me when I'm at the other end of the room and giggles like mad when I chase her. She communicates a bit more now and seems to be interested in the new signs I'm trying to teach her. She's exploring her own personality and it's exciting watching her discover the things she can do...I love that proud look she gets on her face when she's accomplished something...she looks at me as if to say 'look Mom I did it!'...she's just the best kid and I can't wait for every stage of her life, however trying they may be.
I'll always have my memories to look back on...and she'll always be my girl...*sigh* This whole weaning thing is dang emotional it's crazy...I'm gonna go have a glass of wine cause I can do that without guilt now...lol

Post a Comment