|
She refuses to do anything according to the norm. Sometimes I wish I could just crawl inside her head for five minutes and try to figure out what really goes on in there. It's also fun trying to decide what's going on in there. It will be easier when she can actually answer my questions by herein lies the problem, as it were.
She will not talk until she is pretty certain she'll say the word correctly. Sometimes a word will slip out and then Jonathan or I will try to coax her to repeat it but she won't! A few weeks later she'll be more comfortable with the word and will then say it more often. Almost all of her new words are dealt with in this manor. I'm pretty sure this stems from me. I have major performance anxiety and when I don't know that I'll do something the very best I find it difficult to do the task at all. As a child it would stress me out to the enth degree. She seems to have acquired this trait from me.
There are pros and cons to this. The major pro is the fact that I can relate to her feelings and for the most part I can calm her down when she gets overly anxious. The cons are her complete unwillingness to try new things unless it's on her terms. She's just so...*sigh* me...lol
All in all she really is an amazing kid...really. She'll sit and play by herself for quite awhile. I can see a burgeoning imagination growing right before my eyes (she'll 'feed' bunny on a regular basis making eating motions with her mouth, it's so cute!) and she's just so sweet I think her sweetness oozes out of her. I did not think it was possible to love a little person so much. :p

Post a Comment