|
It seems like such an irrelevant thing, time. We all rely on it in one way or another and most days we probably don't give it much thought. I think that since I became a mother I'm noticing time a lot more closely now. For starters it's right in front of my face. As my daughter learns, grows and progresses I can see time go by. There are days when I can still remember holding my small 7lb 4oz baby on my chest in the hospital doing our first skin to skin contact. Seriously I can almost feel her there now if I think about it. Yet today she is running around the house in my slippers saying 'Mom!' whenever she needs something and it amazes me that she is that same baby.
Heck she's not a baby any more she's a toddler, a small child, my little girl. Every day I'm reminded of how amazing she is and how blessed I am to have her. As she gets older I start thinking about what sort of person she will be and what part I will play in that. It's a bit overwhelming to think I have so much influence over this person. That some things I decide could literally shape who she is in the future. I try not to think about that too much, because I also know she's her own person and if I try to be perfect I will most definitely fail so above all she'll know she's loved, protected and respected.
So that brings me back to the tiny little baby on my chest...I want another one :p
Heck she's not a baby any more she's a toddler, a small child, my little girl. Every day I'm reminded of how amazing she is and how blessed I am to have her. As she gets older I start thinking about what sort of person she will be and what part I will play in that. It's a bit overwhelming to think I have so much influence over this person. That some things I decide could literally shape who she is in the future. I try not to think about that too much, because I also know she's her own person and if I try to be perfect I will most definitely fail so above all she'll know she's loved, protected and respected.
So that brings me back to the tiny little baby on my chest...I want another one :p

Post a Comment