Here I go again...

So right now I'm sitting in my wonderful kitchen while DD plays with the play-doh mr. potato head toy she got for Christmas. It grows hair...much like a hair dresser one I remember when I was a kid. She loves it! Hasn't mastered making the accessories but she really doesn't care as long as she can make hair to cut she's happy as a clam.

I sit here thinking, what am I going to write for a blog? I've started a handful of blogs in the last month or so with a bunch of different topics. I tried one on the weather because we've gotten some WEIRD weather here this season. For the first time since I moved here Christmas was NOT white, I mean heck we were experiencing plus temperatures in December! I was flabbergasted. Of course now there is still a minimal amount of snow, but the wind chill is something crazy like minus forty something...so we're into winter now. And it feels weird that it's coming just at the end of January. Just weird. Anyway I started a rather lengthy blog about that but then thought, who wants to read more than a paragraph about weather? Not many people I guessed so I shelved it.

Then there was my ongoing reasons for staying off of Facebook. They haven't changed much, although I don't know that I've confessed the biggest reason I quit Facebook. Here goes, confession time, I was sick and tired of reading pregnancy announcements. Please don't read that it means I was personally angry at individuals that were pregnant because I wasn't. It just hurt every time someone else got to be pregnant and I didn't. So I figured a break from that would be good for me. Now the point seems kind of moot and somewhat ironic but hey it was a real reason at the time. :)

I had a post written updating on the potty training. Which isn't even training right now, she just uses the potty like a big girl, no problems. She even trained herself at night, which was very cool and took a stress off my shoulders. That was my last hurdle with her, now it's time for me to have a new baby so I can start this whole diaper thing over again. Okay maybe not now...maybe in about four and a half months. Yeah turns out I quit Facebook, finished potty training and got pregnant. Go figure...lol

I'm almost 17 weeks now and just starting to feel some real movement. I'm still waiting for that big kick of hello that I can feel from the outside. But there is definitely a baby in there, in another week I have a doctor's appointment and will get to hear the heartbeat again. Not sure when I have my ultrasound but I'm sure it'll be in February sometime. To help with the math I'm due at the end of June...the day after DD's birthday actually. Very bizarre. DH was gone for three weeks and came back at the beginning of October, when we got pregnant, just like with DD. So it turns out I really had nothing to worry about, in order for me to get pregnant DH has to go away for three weeks...at the end of September...LOL

I'm considering going back on Facebook sometime soon but I don't know. One day I might just show up there, maybe not, it is a great place to connect and I miss my regular connections with people. I just might have to really pare down my friend's list, that might help. Anyway that's my update written while DD plays with play-doh. I'm gonna go drink some tea now, because just as with DD I can't stand coffee. Weirdest pregnancy side effect ever! :)
3 Responses
  1. Carla Dyck Says:

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you a whole bunch!


  2. Sheri Says:

    Thank you! *hugs* Love you right back! :)


  3. Celyn Says:

    Love love love this!!!! Yay!!!!! :) :) :) Congratulations!!!!!