It's been awhile

First off I'd like to say thanks to anyone who guessed which sarcastic response did not happen. It was in fact the bread one however I would like to say that a person actually DID ask me that question, I just didn't respond in the way that I wanted. I mean who comes to a bakery and asks if we have bread?

Secondly I'd like to mention that Jonathan and I finally got a car that works! It's a 2003 Hyundai Elantra, it's sliver with tinted windows and it WORKS! :) Jonathan and I were astounded as we drove through the city that the car didn't stall or threaten to stall at red lights and it doesn't take forever to start in the morning, just one turn of the key. WOO HOO! :)

That's the good news, now here comes the bad. For those of you who know this will make more sense for the others I'm sure you'll least understand how it impacts me. My dad, whom I absolutely adore and love cannot under any circumstances make it to my wedding. It's not his fault it's completely out of his control, we tried everything to bring a wedding of some kind to him but no dice, he's not even allowed that.

How does a bride who desperately wants her father to give her away in one of the most symbolic moments of her life deal with this kind of information? I don't know, there has been so much pain already involving my dad that on some level this just feels like another thing to add.

But it's my WEDDING damnit...don't I deserve to at least have one of the most important men in my life there?? Especially since it's dang important for me to have him give my hand to my future husband? I've dreamt about this for as long as I can remember and now it's being taken away from me and there's nothing I can do about it!

Plus I feel mountains of stress from work to perform and do everything right and I still mostly don't have a clue what I'm doing. I'm at home today due to a major migraine (that is stayed now with pain med) because the pressure of everything in my life right now is boiling over into my health.

I don't know what to do I feel like every decision I make right now is failure.
3 Responses
  1. Tim Says:

    I'd say you made a pretty good decision with that man you got. And I really hope and pray that things'll start looking up soon.


  2. If you go to the freezer right now and eat some ice cream, I can guarantee you will not feel like that decision was a failure. =>

    So sorry about your dad...


  3. mmichele Says:

    yeah, sorry about your dad, too. and i loved that pearls, too. and today's as well.