|
I usually start a post with a title and then work my way through the post incorporating the title. Is that a writer thing? I have no idea but it's what I do. I do that with emails too, I need subject lines, I don't know why...anyway today I can't think of a title so I'm just going to ramble here for a bit and maybe one will jump out at me.
Random thought...I like jolly rancher chews, they are just so full flavour. Here's another random thought, I got a random card in the mail the other day. My sister and her best friend (who is my friend too :) sent me presents in lue of my lingerie shower last Friday. In the box (which said 'Sheri gets to have sex' on the front, thanks Becky :) were two beautiful pieces that I can add to my ever growing collection. Anyway also in the box was a card that congratulated me on turning one. LoL I asked my sister about it and she said that all they could find when they were looking for cards were these cheesy ones with silly poems and stuff so they randomly picked another one..it's very funny. :)
I'm doing it again...I'm trying not to get bogged down with the eighty things that I apparently NEED to do yesterday! Dangit, I know now why the turn over in this job is so high...I don't know how anyone could do this for longer than a couple of years without going slightly insane. And let's face it I'm already slightly insane, any longer and I'll be certifiable. Stupid job. So then why am I blogging and not working? Well it's break time and since I rarely actually TAKE a break I figured I'd blog for a couple of minutes. Justified? Most certainly.
So I was thinking about sarcasm the other day and how it has affected my life (read: infiltrated and thus taken over). A lot deem sarcasm a very mean form of communicating and I beg to differ only in that the person who is sarcastic needs to be aware of his/her audience. I mostly am...there have been times when maybe I should have but I wasn't. I will pose a couple of situations to you and you may guess which of the retorts I did NOT say and I'll let you know who gets it right. All of the situations happened...just one I thought the retort and did not say it. ;)
Here goes:
Situation one:
Working at McDonald's a drive thru customer requested that I put ice in one of his large drinks but not both of them. When I handed the tray to him he asked, 'Which one has ice?'
Response:
"Shake them, the one that makes noise more than likely has the ice."
Situation two:
Working at a bakery pulling out a large rack of fresh bread behind me I was approached by a customer who said, 'Do you have any bread?'
Response:
"Nope, what you see behind me is a figment of your imagination."
Situation three:
Working at Tim Hortons a woman was beyond rude going through drive thru. I was finishing three months of night shift and moving to BC in a week. The woman tells me after I have handed her the drink tray that she can get me fired.
Response:
"Good luck I've already quit."
So faithful blog readers...which of these three response did I NOT say?? I would put a time limit on it but frankly I just want to see how many of you read this and respond.
Okay I hear you it's time to get back to work. Fine I will...hope you had fun reading...ooh I thought of a title.
Random thought...I like jolly rancher chews, they are just so full flavour. Here's another random thought, I got a random card in the mail the other day. My sister and her best friend (who is my friend too :) sent me presents in lue of my lingerie shower last Friday. In the box (which said 'Sheri gets to have sex' on the front, thanks Becky :) were two beautiful pieces that I can add to my ever growing collection. Anyway also in the box was a card that congratulated me on turning one. LoL I asked my sister about it and she said that all they could find when they were looking for cards were these cheesy ones with silly poems and stuff so they randomly picked another one..it's very funny. :)
I'm doing it again...I'm trying not to get bogged down with the eighty things that I apparently NEED to do yesterday! Dangit, I know now why the turn over in this job is so high...I don't know how anyone could do this for longer than a couple of years without going slightly insane. And let's face it I'm already slightly insane, any longer and I'll be certifiable. Stupid job. So then why am I blogging and not working? Well it's break time and since I rarely actually TAKE a break I figured I'd blog for a couple of minutes. Justified? Most certainly.
So I was thinking about sarcasm the other day and how it has affected my life (read: infiltrated and thus taken over). A lot deem sarcasm a very mean form of communicating and I beg to differ only in that the person who is sarcastic needs to be aware of his/her audience. I mostly am...there have been times when maybe I should have but I wasn't. I will pose a couple of situations to you and you may guess which of the retorts I did NOT say and I'll let you know who gets it right. All of the situations happened...just one I thought the retort and did not say it. ;)
Here goes:
Situation one:
Working at McDonald's a drive thru customer requested that I put ice in one of his large drinks but not both of them. When I handed the tray to him he asked, 'Which one has ice?'
Response:
"Shake them, the one that makes noise more than likely has the ice."
Situation two:
Working at a bakery pulling out a large rack of fresh bread behind me I was approached by a customer who said, 'Do you have any bread?'
Response:
"Nope, what you see behind me is a figment of your imagination."
Situation three:
Working at Tim Hortons a woman was beyond rude going through drive thru. I was finishing three months of night shift and moving to BC in a week. The woman tells me after I have handed her the drink tray that she can get me fired.
Response:
"Good luck I've already quit."
So faithful blog readers...which of these three response did I NOT say?? I would put a time limit on it but frankly I just want to see how many of you read this and respond.
Okay I hear you it's time to get back to work. Fine I will...hope you had fun reading...ooh I thought of a title.

i know that i would LOVE to say number three to someone. i think you didn't say number 2... who would ask if you had bread when there was a huge pile right behind you?
I will guess with michele and say # 2. The other ones have your sarcasm written all over them.
Chromedomie
Oh my dear, I love this post! I can actually remember conversations about all these and it made me laugh. Granted I was present at the one place of employment. I think it was number two, however I actually remember the conversation about that so I remember it as if you said it. I love that you always have the prefect thing to say in response.
You did NOT ever work at McDonald's.
Right?
(Hey, do I win a prize if I'm correct?!)