Mmm Starbucks coffee...

So I'm sipping the product of my first free pound of coffee from Starbucks...so good!

Well I said that I would blog more, thus here is another installment...aren't you all happy? I have about half an hour before I go to work so I'm gonna give you an update. I have been working at Starbucks for three days now. So fun!! Honestly it's a blast. I mean there is a heck of a lot of things to learn. And let me tell you I don't think I've ever done as much reading for a job as this one. I spent most of my first two shifts (13 hours in total) reading about coffee. Honestly there's a binder under the front counter that gives details about each of our coffees.

I'm gonna be a coffee guru, therefore a coffee snob...lol In fact yesterday I did my first coffee tasting. Did you know that there is actual ways to taste coffee? You smell (put the cup up to your nose then cup your hand over your nose and the cup and sniff...describe the smell) you taste (slurp the coffee so that it splashes throughout your mouth covering your palate...describe the taste)...you can also tell boldness by how long the coffee flavour sits on your tongue. LoL

I tasted the Kenya blend, which I swear has a hint of a grapefruit flavour...jeesh and I thought coffee was the caffeine boost that woke you up in the morning. Not so folks...not so...lol

The people are fantastic, they are so easy to learn around and so nice. I actually look forward to going to work...how bizarre! Today I get to learn the coffee bar, which means I get to learn how to make the fun coffees. I've done fraps but not the hot drinks...I'm gonna be all learned...on Monday I learn drive thru...dun dun dun

So on that learning note I'm gonna get my butt fully ready to go to work...oooh as a final thought I went and bought some new clothes yesterday...for work...but it was still fun...anyway...I gotta jet, I'll try to be more entertaining in my next post. :p
0 Responses