|
It's funny what lack of sleep will do to your mind. There are times at night when I'm trying to fall asleep and all I can think of is what I could type into my blog about my daughter's sleeping patterns and what it's like living with an almost 2 month old. You'd think I'd sleep...but no...who needs to sleep...like I said, I spent 30 years sleeping when I wanted...so looks like I'm giving it up for an extremely cute little girl. Okay. :)Now onto the issue of gas...my little girl has an interesting gas issue. She doesn't have the severe kind of issue that causes colic and lots of crying. She has just enough of an issue that wakes her up in the middle of night...more like between 2 and 4 in the morning.
..so that I have to calm her down before she can go back to sleep. She's very good about moving her legs to get the gas out but that action keeps her awake and thus keeps mom awake. There are some nights I don't know what to do...she's obviously needing to sleep (as am I) so I take her into bed with me and then she sleeps fine...*sigh* My otherwise rather perfect child just can't seem to sleep through her gas issues.Now I give her gripe water which seems to help a bit, in fact some times it gets her back to sleep so that I get maybe an extra hour before the gas works itself up again...I've also cut dairy out of my diet, which is difficult...I honestly had no idea so much gas could be inside of such a little girl...but such is the case. Sometimes when she finally 'expels' it she could rival my dad! LOL

So really in the long run I've got it pretty easy as it were...my lack of sleep might disagree but I certainly am not hard done by. In fact right now she is FINALLY doing a long morning nap, one that I have tried to facilitate for the past week...why am I not sleeping? Well laundry is not going to do itself unfortunately...so that is what I get to do...I'll try to nap later after Jonathan has his...*natch*
My only complaint is the lack of camera that I have going on...the only thing I can do is take pictures with my cell phone and I'm sure as you can see that is working all right but not as well as I'd hope...like the other day I really wanted to take a short video of her looking at herself in the mirror (a la the second picture here) but instead I took cell phone pictures...at least there will be some documentation of her cuteness until her parents can invest in a better camera and maybe take pictures of each other with their child. Speaking of said child...she does stir right now so I shall go change a diaper and feed her...you know this mom thing is really quite fun. :)
I'm sure what I was going to write as I was trying to fall asleep was way more profound but ya'll are stuck with this...lol

love the pictures. You will eventually sleep I guarantee it just not sure when. lol
dad