|

...how your smile makes my day.
It's been five weeks and some days since you decided to grace us with your amazing presence and I can't remember what life was like without you.
I know there was a time when I used to sleep for eight or more hours in a row. When I could just grab my purse and leave on a last minute errand or when your dad and I could have dinner at the same time.
Those times seem empty in comparison to now. Life is so much richer with you in it. These past five weeks have been the purest happiness I've ever experienced and I can't wait to continue this journey with you. As an oldest child I'm sorry in advance for all of the practise your father and I will unleash on you. We can't help it, you're the first person we've had the privilege to parent and we aren't really sure what we're doing. If it makes you feel any better we both got practised on by our parents so consider it a legacy.
I've been getting a lot of questions about your sleeping patterns lately so if you could give me an idea as to when you want to be consistent with that it would be greatly appreciated. I know you haven't been reading the books I've been reading but in there it seems we can have some sort of schedule arranged by now...not sure exactly how to implement that properly without going insane on my part but I think if you and I work together we can come up with a compromise...yes? I appreciated the nights that you let me sleep more, I just wish I knew when they would be...oh and while we're on the topic is there a reason you seem to scatter those nights in between your hours of full wide eyed awakeness? Just a question.
Right now you seem to really want to cuddle with me...something I love and I know there will be a time when you'll be too busy to cuddle so I'm enjoying this. Thank you for choosing us as your parents we're already blessed to know you and are very proud of you. Keep learning and growing.
Love you always,
Mom

love the note, she will teach you much over the years but you learn quickly.