Almost 4 months!

Time certainly has done some flying as of late! Arielle is going to be four months old in a little less than a week. I can't believe that a year ago I was adjusting to the fact that I was pregnant and now I've got this beautiful baby girl. My little dolly! :)

This morning I had a bit of a panic attack...Arielle woke up just fine and was very happy to see mommy, mostly because I get her out of her swaddle blanket...lol So I let her stretch and relax then took her over to her change table to get rid of the night time diaper...gross. Anyway I'm watching her kick and notice that two of her toes are purple! It turns out somehow a bunch of hair got into the bottom of her swaddle me and managed to wrap themselves tightly around her toes. I swear to you it took everything in me not to panic! I had read somewhere that this happens so luckily when I saw her purple toes I figured that's what it was so I gently removed the hair (she didn't seem to notice anything until I started trying to take the hair out). One of the toes actually had skin breakage while the other one just has this deep indent that almost instantly came up allowing the top of the toe to return to it's lovely pink-blood-is-flowing-through-me colour. I rinsed it out and put a tiny bit of polysporin on it and am trying not to fuss to much over it. Over the day it has gotten better and I'm trying not to over exaggerate the whole thing by acting like we're gonna have to amputate her toes...*sigh*

Naturally I called my mom as soon as I got the hair out with slight panic and 'what do I do'...she said it was a good thing I noticed...how could I not I love Arielle's little feet and can't imagine missing something like that. Anyway I'm sure she'll be okay this is certainly not a panic situation...at least now I know that...lol

We just got through a growth spurt which was a bit trying for mommy and daddy what with Arielle feeling the need to wake up every two hours and randomly crying for over a week! I figure it was because she was just achy and couldn't get comfortable. Of course at the time I tried everything from taking her out of the swaddle to bringing her into bed with us. However, I've definitely learned that keeping her in the swaddle is a very good idea because in the end she sleeps longer, even if she fights it SO hard when you put her in there.

The last couple of days she's even been really good with her naps. In fact right now she's going on almost two hours for her afternoon nap and her morning nap was an hour and a half! She even slept 12 hours last night...I'm hoping this becomes trend...but am aware that as soon as it is a trend she'll probably start majorly teething and it'll get all fubared again...lol

Well next week on her 4 month birthday she's going in for her shots again...I'm going to brace myself and will hopefully be able to handle it...oh I know she'll be fine, but mom takes an emotional beating from hearing her baby cry like that. Anyway I've got one more load of laundry to get and some lunch to eat possibly even before the little one wakes up. She's so cute isn't she? :)
0 Responses