I love bands who have superior showmanship :)

This is my own opinion of course. I most certainly know that most music is an acquired taste. My taste is actually fairly varied. I enjoy music from a variety of different bands. However, one of my favorite bands of all time is U2 and this past Sunday I got to see them in concert for the second time in my life. The first time was 14, yes 14, years ago. They are just as amazing, if not better, now then they were then. Honestly some people are just showmen and these 4 Irishmen definitely know how to put on a mind bogglingly amazing show!

My lovely friend made a ticket available to me a few weeks ago. I whole heartedly agreed to go without thinking twice. This is U2, they pretty much always sell out, when a ticket is offered you take it! :) Since the concert was in May it was my mother's day present. An evening out with my friends watching a kick butt concert! :)

What do I love about them? Everything. LOL I was 10 when The Joshua Tree came out so I've grown up with this band. At least from that album I'm fully aware they put stuff out before this, I am a pop culture dictionary after all. LoL One of my all time favorite songs is 'Where The Streets Have No Name'. The guitar at the beginning of that song always gets my heart racing. It's a song that MUST be heard at a very loud decibel and thankfully I grew up in a house where my parents were fully aware of this. In fact the first three songs on The Joshua Tree are played in succession at top volume in the Wiebe house. It's really the only way to hear them. :)

Even though I heard The Joshua Tree when I was younger the first U2 album that I actually owned myself was Achtung Baby and I think it's still my fave album as a whole. (Although running a close second at a tie is All That You Can't Leave Behind and How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb) It came out when I was in high school so I still remember hearing songs like 'One' and 'Mysterious Ways' at school dances. LoL Mysterious Ways is another song that needs to be played loudly. Oh let's be honest pretty much all of their stuff needs to be at top volume. Which is another good reason why you need to see these men in concert it's at the perfect volume. If you live in Winnipeg you probably heard them even if you weren't at the concert...haha

This really isn't a review or anything just being doing a love in on U2 because they are probably my favorite band. Going to their concert just gave me an excuse to rave about them. The first time I saw them the song that stuck out was The Edge singing Sunday Bloody Sunday acoustically. I don't think I'll ever forget that. This past one I don't know which song stuck out the most, I jumped up so many times I lost count. There was Mysterious Ways of course, Elevation, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, One, Where The Streets Have No Name and of course the ending With or Without You. I also loved that they opened with Even Better Than The Real Thing and I love Until the End of The World wow don't forget Beautiful Day either...so umm yeah the whole thing. LOL Do you like how I keep linking videos to the songs? No? Too bad, gives me an excuse to find and listen to them...haha I even went so far as to link music videos AND live performances...I'm not crazy ;)

Now that I've seen them in concert twice I could die happy. Of course to make me euphoric would be to go see them with my dad. I gotta tell you we'd be singing so loud it'd be pretty comical. Even with how loud the concert was during most of the songs I could hear him singing along. I think that's one of the reasons he always had the music so loud...then he can sing it at top volume. :) Well that and my mom kind of insists on playing every song she likes very loudly. I grew up in a house where the kids more than the adults would say 'can you turn that down I can't hear myself think.' Rough life I know.

Okay I'm done linking to youtube now. I'll go back to blogging about being mom, next post up. Potty training and how much I hate it, not to mention Arielle! LOL
0 Responses