More Daughterisms

A common theme in conversation with my DD is for her to ask for something say a cookie. Then I say "Would you like a cookie?" and she says "Okay!" Like it was my idea and she's just going along with it...lol Now she is imparting what she wants onto everyone else, including the cat.

For example if the cat comes into her room and DD doesn't want her there she says "Miss Mao doesn't want to be in my room!" Which is funny because clearly the cat DOES want to be in the room it's just DD that doesn't want her there LOL

She also remembers EVERYTHING so for the love of sanity if you happen to introduce something new to her you need to tell me what it is, because she will talk about it days later and DH or I will stare at her desperate to figure out what she's saying. For example once when my mom was talking to her on the phone she was telling DD about some of the things they were going to bring for her this summer. Among those items is a red table and yellow chair. Now I knew about this so could comply with DD when she decided to tell me over and over about what she was getting then say 'but not yet!' Because I had told her she had to wait.

Follow me? So DH is hanging with her one evening and they are chatting. I'm in the kitchen and I can hear DD telling her daddy about the red table and yellow chair. He agrees that is very exciting but I can tell he has NO idea what she is talking about. Then she keeps telling him 'but not yet.' I had to fill him in because she was getting frustrated that he didn't know. lol It's very funny for us but it can get very frustrating for her because she really wants us to understand what she is saying. She just keeps leaving out the vital information, such as where she got the info or what it means. Haha

One is never done learning to speak toddler. :)