Saying goodbye to facebook...

...first my short answer for why I deactivated my facebook account.

It was time.

If you have a nice drink to sip and want to get into the details as to why my account is no more then feel free to keep reading. I got my facebook account right after I got married so it's been almost five years now. It started off as an extension of my blogging. Then when I got pregnant it was a way for my parents and my sister to see how I was progressing while pregnant then the day to day of DD's first year. Everyone else I was friends with were welcome to follow along in our journey but what initially propelled me to share photos and the like was due to my nearest and dearest being so far away. I could call that a pure reason, but really there is nothing pure about facebook. LOL

Now it's a distraction. It's a place I HAVE to check more times a day then I want to admit. I end up checking out the pages of friends of friends, people I don't even know let alone care about. Frankly it's become a crutch and the only way for me to walk without the crutch is to get rid of it. If you are one of my nearest and dearest (or someone I know who might just be curious :) who want to know how our lives are going feel free to check on my blog every now and again. I hope to add pictures for people to see how cute my daughter still is and provide some stories of our day to day.

I'll still be checking my emails and if you really REALLY want to try and find me online I'm on Skype and MSN, but you gotta ask nicely ;)

I don't think this will be forever. I'm told that I can activate any time and my settings will be restored. (My sister has deactivated a number of times already lol) So who knows in a month or two or more I might come back. But right now I need to take this break. For my own sanity and that of my family. I'm hoping to use the time I save to play with my daughter, hang out with my husband and maybe even write. Something I've missed doing because I'm always checking for that little red box on facebook that let's me know someone sent me a message, 'liked' my status or a comment I made, or made a comment...I shouldn't be a slave to that stupid red box. So I won't be.

If Arielle says anything really cute I'll try to blog about it. I'll post ultra adorable pics of her on here and randomly ramble about the inane, whatever comes to me. I'm not leaving the internet...just facebook. Sorry facebook our time in the sun is over, enjoy the millions of others who need you to survive. :) And those of you don't but still use it occasionally, your restraint is better than mine.
4 Responses
  1. Carla Dyck Says:

    You are quite an amazing woman!


  2. Celyn Says:

    <3 <3 <3 You are an inspiration. :)


  3. Name: Amanda Says:

    I look forward to your blogs when you update! I would love to skype sometime. Do I have your email address? Your old one?


  4. Sheri Says:

    Thank you for your support!! My email addy is the same Amanda...I think I've had it since '96 or something dumb like that...lol

    Now I just need to make sure to keep posting :)