Laughter is inner jogging. ~Norman Cousins

Does that mean when Arielle and I are having a really good giggle that I'm working out? Could I use that as fit credits for my Wii? I should look into that, because I rarely go a day without having a good rough and tumble laugh with my little girl. It's kind of difficult not to laugh with her, she's just so cute and funny I can't help myself.

For example today she was bringing magnets from the living room into the kitchen and for some reason decided that crawling would be a funnier mode of transportation than walking. I mean really she crawled from the living room, to the kitchen and back, then did it again because she realized I was laughing. She loves to make people laugh. When she realizes someone is laughing at something she's doing she can't help but elevate the action just to get another giggle. She really is a little ham, I absolutely love it. She projects such joy out of her life that I can't help but find the silver lining, her attitude usually points directly to it.

Right now she is lying in her bed putting her feet up against the side of her crib and gently kicking them. The crib makes a small noise when she does this you see, I think it's a mild way to refuse to nap. This is fine by me, she's quiet and lying down eventually this will lead to sleeping and if not then she'll be spending some quality time alone and I can spend some quality time with the laundry, the dishes and the bathroom. (First two are done, I'm putting off doing the latter :)

Another random thought, I love the happy noises Arielle makes. Like when I say she can have a treat and hand it to her in a little bowl (like the picture) she'll point at the bowl and let out this happy little giggle that cracks me up. Or the other night when I asked Jonathan to return to me a stack of her wash cloths that she had moved to the middle of the bathroom floor. He gave them to her one by one so she could, in turn, give them to me. She laughed every time he handed one to her and every time I took one. The simplest things give this girl a chuckle.

How do you not look at life on the bright side with this kind of brightness around?

So there is my inner jogging. That and running up and down the stairs with the laundry, scrubbing the bathroom and loading and unloading the dishwasher. Couple that with about a half hour of yoga before I go to bed and I have a very full day of exercise. Now if only the weather would get warmer so I could go back outside with Arielle and run around, that'd be even better.

Now that she's finally quiet (I choose to think that she's sleeping :) I'm gonna have some me time and forget the bathroom for now :)
0 Responses