|
There are times in one's life when it takes all of your energy to seek out happiness. Things will bog you down to the point of overshadowing the happiness, crowding it out. So it sits outside waiting for that moment when you realize it's been there all along. All you had to do was let it back in.
Even then I think that happiness is really all in the mind. There are things in my life that could bog me down to the point of major depression and if I focused on those things I would miss out on happiness. Like the simple pleasure of hearing Arielle's thrilled sound when I give her some apples. She's absolutely ecstatic about that fruit. If I give her slices of apple she will point at them, grin and giggle as tho it were the best thing in the world. And really, in that moment it is the best thing.
Remember when you could find happiness in the enjoyment of a piece of fruit?
Me neither, but watching Arielle enjoy it brings back that unique happiness and I'm content.
You know what else makes me happy? Watching Arielle nestle her head on her dad's shoulder when he dances with her...pure joy right there.
If you asked me right now what would make my life more happy I would say nothing...
...except maybe a pedicure, that would take my happiness over the top...lol
May you find much happiness in your life today :)
Even then I think that happiness is really all in the mind. There are things in my life that could bog me down to the point of major depression and if I focused on those things I would miss out on happiness. Like the simple pleasure of hearing Arielle's thrilled sound when I give her some apples. She's absolutely ecstatic about that fruit. If I give her slices of apple she will point at them, grin and giggle as tho it were the best thing in the world. And really, in that moment it is the best thing.
Remember when you could find happiness in the enjoyment of a piece of fruit?
Me neither, but watching Arielle enjoy it brings back that unique happiness and I'm content.
You know what else makes me happy? Watching Arielle nestle her head on her dad's shoulder when he dances with her...pure joy right there.
If you asked me right now what would make my life more happy I would say nothing...
...except maybe a pedicure, that would take my happiness over the top...lol
May you find much happiness in your life today :)

I love how you love your daughter out loud.