Every creator painfully experiences the chasm...

...between his inner vision and its ultimate expression. - Isaac Bashevis Singer (1904 - 1991)

I have now taken to finding random quotes to use as my titles since my ability to create unique titles is on hiatus at the moment.

My mind is kind of all over the place these days. It's doing a dance and I'm not invited to hear the music. I'm in the throws of trying to get ready for my wedding on the 24th. But it's not really my wedding is it? It's the start of my marriage but my wedding is actually in May...although if my dad is not walking me down the aisle in May then does that not make that a wedding either? It's all convoluted in my head with the weirdness of it all.

Breaking it down to the bare bones March 24th is the start of my marriage so that is a very important day, even if I'm gonna wear a red dress. :) I'm saving the white (read: ivory) for the other two celebrations. It gives my mom a chance to see me wear it for the first time in May. She's walking me downt he aisle on that day...Dad gets his own day as soon as we can plan it.

Anyway trying to figure that out is just a whole lot more thinking then I want to do right now. I'm getting married to the man I love that is the main thing. I shall now move onto the things that are distracting me right now.

It's funny when my mind gets all bogged down with things I have to do I manage to distract myself with things I shouldn't be doing...or at least I don't think I should be doing them. For example I just wanna watch TV...back episodes of shows I never watched and new episodes of shows I find interesting. I feel guilty when I do this because I feel like I should be doing something 'more productive' how sad is that? I can't even lie down for an hour reading something I want to read without looking at the boxes in my room and thinking 'I should be packing'.

It's friggin' sad I tell you. I want to be able to truly and really relax but I'm so wound up relaxing is almost painful and insanely guilt inducing.

I'm gonna go get some coffee now (cause that'll help with the jitters lol) and attempt to get some work done without constantly thinking about the fact that I'm moving and getting married in a week and a half.

If someone happens to see my life can you please tell it to slow down?
0 Responses