|
Yeah that title/quote is from Tom Clancy...I am telling you this quotations page is just an endless supply of entertainment. Like the next quote for example:
His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork. - Mae West (1892-1980)
Now tell me that's not funny, actually don't I think it's funny so that's all that matters. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because my brain needs mindless entertainment because right now all I can think about is everything I should be doing before Saturday.
Actually that last quote reminds me of a story. Once my maternal grandparents were curling with another couple. If you don't know much about curling I'd suggest looking it up cause I can't explain it...ahaha Anyway during one point when my grandmother was 'sweeping' the skip (the other gentleman) started yelling at her cause she didn't do it the way he wanted or whatever. Anyway my main point is she got so ticked at him (no one yells at my grandmother :) she walked up to him and said 'If you were my husband I'd trade you in for a cow...and then I'd shoot the cow'...LoL If you know me at all can't you just tell she's MY grandmother? :)
You know what's fun, I got a call from the salon where I'm getting my nails done on Saturday just to be sure that I remember I have an appointment...how great is that! I don't know why that phone call made me so happy but it did. It was great. Now I can't wait for the actual manicure ahaha.
I am in need of actually purchasing the shoes I'm going to wear on Saturday so my look is then complete. I also have to find a way to move things into Jonathan's apartment without driving myself just slightly insane. The next few weeks aren't going to be all that fun what with having to move yet again. Although I get to visit my parents on Easter weekend so that's good.
I saw this documentary Sharkwater last night. It was an amazingly done movie, really it was. There were some preachy moments where it sounded a bit like they were trying to really tug on the heart strings. But for the most part it made a lot of sense and really made me think. I mean I didn't realize how much abuse the Ocean takes from us. I mean I knew about whaling and for the most part don't agree with that and stuff...but the fact that fishermen will do things like 'long lining' and 'shark finning' just astounded me.
Long lining is when they put out about a 60 mile long fishing line with baited hooks on it to catch certain types of fish. The problem is hundreds of other sea creatures get stuck and killed on the lines at the same time. And the most use they want out of the sharks on there is to fin them. Which means the cut all of their fins off and then throw the still breathing carcass back into the water where it either drowns or bleeds to death. It saddens me how stupid humans can be. We can really get a god complex about some things and stuff like this ticks me off.
Anyway the whole movie was quite beautiful and I hope that it raises awarness for their cause. My only complaint is since half of it was hand held I got a bit naseous trying to watch it. But that's my own fault. :)
Catch ya later!
His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork. - Mae West (1892-1980)
Now tell me that's not funny, actually don't I think it's funny so that's all that matters. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because my brain needs mindless entertainment because right now all I can think about is everything I should be doing before Saturday.
Actually that last quote reminds me of a story. Once my maternal grandparents were curling with another couple. If you don't know much about curling I'd suggest looking it up cause I can't explain it...ahaha Anyway during one point when my grandmother was 'sweeping' the skip (the other gentleman) started yelling at her cause she didn't do it the way he wanted or whatever. Anyway my main point is she got so ticked at him (no one yells at my grandmother :) she walked up to him and said 'If you were my husband I'd trade you in for a cow...and then I'd shoot the cow'...LoL If you know me at all can't you just tell she's MY grandmother? :)
You know what's fun, I got a call from the salon where I'm getting my nails done on Saturday just to be sure that I remember I have an appointment...how great is that! I don't know why that phone call made me so happy but it did. It was great. Now I can't wait for the actual manicure ahaha.
I am in need of actually purchasing the shoes I'm going to wear on Saturday so my look is then complete. I also have to find a way to move things into Jonathan's apartment without driving myself just slightly insane. The next few weeks aren't going to be all that fun what with having to move yet again. Although I get to visit my parents on Easter weekend so that's good.
I saw this documentary Sharkwater last night. It was an amazingly done movie, really it was. There were some preachy moments where it sounded a bit like they were trying to really tug on the heart strings. But for the most part it made a lot of sense and really made me think. I mean I didn't realize how much abuse the Ocean takes from us. I mean I knew about whaling and for the most part don't agree with that and stuff...but the fact that fishermen will do things like 'long lining' and 'shark finning' just astounded me.
Long lining is when they put out about a 60 mile long fishing line with baited hooks on it to catch certain types of fish. The problem is hundreds of other sea creatures get stuck and killed on the lines at the same time. And the most use they want out of the sharks on there is to fin them. Which means the cut all of their fins off and then throw the still breathing carcass back into the water where it either drowns or bleeds to death. It saddens me how stupid humans can be. We can really get a god complex about some things and stuff like this ticks me off.
Anyway the whole movie was quite beautiful and I hope that it raises awarness for their cause. My only complaint is since half of it was hand held I got a bit naseous trying to watch it. But that's my own fault. :)
Catch ya later!

Post a Comment