Fun time with family...

So every time I'm in BC I realize how much I love it here. I don't know if it's the scenery, the fact that family is so close or the fact that frankly the weather is SO much better than Winnipeg. Like today for example, there are those who had to turn their HEAT on in Winnipeg. While we sat outside in the heat just drinking in the sunshine. Arielle played on the back porch with some of her toys. She loved it I'll post some pics of that on my facebook very soon.

I've been having an amazing time. I got to have a birthday dinner with my entire family. It was so great. My birthday, yesterday, was a very chill day to just enjoy being with family and get pampered a little. I got my hair cut...first time since before Arielle was born...and I got the added bonus of having it be cut by a wonderful friend of mine from way back in the day. It was so great to catch up with her and just talk about where we're at in our lives. We're both married to Jonathan's...her son and daughter who I remember as babies are growing up so fast I can't even believe it. And even more...she's just one of those people I've always connected with and it was so nice to be able to see her again...I think the last time I saw her was probably 11 or 12 years ago!!! How insane is that??

My sister, mom and I just got back from a bridal shower thrown for my cousin's fiance. (Actually she's marrying my cousin's kid...figure that one out lol) It was a Tupperware party and a lot of fun...it's amazing how many of my cousin's kids are getting married this year. One in February, one just this past June (actually I think their first wedding was in May or something like that...they are taking after Jonathan and I and had a reception a few weeks later...lol) Then this last couple are getting married next month. It's just crazy and so cool. Anyway it was a good time, I don't get a chance to go to a lot of family showers like this so it was nice to be able to attend one :)

It's just turned into an amazing trip. I'm now sitting at my sister's table typing this while the rest of the family watch a movie. It's just so nice and normal and not something we get to do a lot so I'm enjoying this moment and apparently sharing it with you...lol I'll go join them now ;)
0 Responses