Happy Birthday again Arielle!

Just had ourselves a pretty fantastic day. We sent out at around noon to celebrate Arielle being one at Jonathan's Baba and Grandpa's. It was so much fun being able to continue to celebrate this milestone in her life with yet more people who love her. She really isn't at all aware of how blessed she is...although by her smile she is becoming quite aware of the affect her smile has on people.

She had quite a good nap this morning so we were able to go into the party without too much trepidation. She played shy at first, but warmed up a lot faster than she has in the past. Much to mommy's relief...she's getting just a bit too heavy for me to carry around the whole time...oh and the stroller helped too. She also seemed way more receptive to people because of her huge love for food...especially watermelon.

As the pictures is depicting as soon as you would bring the fruit close to her mouth she would open it WIDE and bite off as much as she could. She loved it. No one could have one near her without her leaning forward mouth wide open ready for more. I definitely have a watermelon lover on my hands. Although I'm not surprised she loves fruit.

And we found out that is someone is willing to feed her while they hold her they can do so without much incidence although she definitely makes sure that you pay up. If she was not fed then there was all kinds of pointing and grunting to indicate that you get on putting that fruit in her mouth. She really is quite entertaining...lol

After the watermelon and such was demolished we brought out yet another birthday cake for Arielle to dive into...it was fantastic...she got to mush her hands in the ice cream cake too, which she loved...but she only used one hand which amused me greatly...lol It was also fun to clean, although I wouldn't know because Jessie cleaned her for me. :) When everyone started singing to her she leaned so far forward on my lap I didn't know if she was trying to bow or hide her face...lol It was too cute, as you can see. I managed to right her and carry her over to the cake so she could blow out her number 1 candle. Which of course translates too mom and dad blowing it out for her.

After cake there was the present opening which was done with daddy and of course the help of her cousin Jane. I think Jane was just wanting the present opening to be done with and all Arielle would do is play with her new shoes and the ribbon from another present. It's hard to get enthusiasm out of a one-year-old who has no interest in showing it...lol She still really loves the ribbon and wore the shoes home. I also can't wait to put her in the new clothes she got. Plus she seemed to take a shine to the new plush toys that make noise (thanks guys! :p ) Especially that laughing one...that's all I need yet another toy that makes noise. She's going to be disappointed when she squeezes the toe of a random stuffed animal and nothing comes out...lol She also got a ball that Uncle Rod was trying to help her figure out but really all we managed to do was play catch with each other while she played with something completely different.

I look forward to the time when she can interact and play with her cousins. She seems interested in their ability to be so mobile so maybe she will soon. She even let Auntie Joelle help her walk towards me which was so cute I could hardly stand it. I can't wait till she can run to me...and of course with that means she will also be able to run away from me...I know...lol

Tomorrow we go for her one year appointment which means a needle. I'm glad I don't have to work cause I'm not sure how the day will pan out especially since she'll miss out on her first nap so I hope the day isn't a total bust...I guess we'll have to see. This week I also have to get on packing for us all to go to BC this coming Saturday. I have to make sure we take everything we need and don't forget anything essential...which is why I'm starting so early...plus I need to get out big suitcase up from the basement. (read: Jonathan will get it for me :) So now it's really official we have ourselves a full blown one-year-old...she's my delight and I'm happy to share these lovely pictures that Auntie Carla took of her with all of you, enjoy :)
0 Responses