Stained Glass Masquerade

And now it's Casting Crowns that has inspired me to put up some lyrics.

This hit home for me:

Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation’s open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade

It scares me to say this but a lot of times I find the 'plasticness' in churches and it scares me. Is that what we are representing to the world? Well then frankly I don't blame the 'outsiders' for not wanting to become a part of the performance. Why would they?

This is what I think about early in the morning while I'm driving to pick up car pool or getting ready or just lying awake wondering why the heck I can't sleep.

I was looking at bridesmaids dresses today because my lovely friend Krista did some research. Wow, there are a lot of versions of relatively the same dress now I know why some brides only have one attendant it's only one person to dress...lol I love all my attendants though so then we'll slug along and really at some point we will find the right dress.

And then I gotta finish my guest list AND pick the desserts AND figure out the honeymoon...oh hey I think I'll go check up on that now.

It's funny how busy life can get and yet we still manage to get things done. It astounds me sometimes. I really need to write some more...I miss writing.

PS- Do you like my little kitten in the profile pic? That's my new lil baby...my miss mao. So cute! :)
0 Responses