People

Yeah I was most definitely inspired by Krista. I'd link her but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that and I don't have the time...click 'Krista's blog' to the right there -->

Anyway Krista wrote a dialogue in her blog that inspired me to write one...it makes no sense and probably won't go much further than it is...but I'm putting it here anyway.

Do with it what you will:

People
© SDW 2006

“I just don’t get it.”

“You don’t get what?”

“You know…it.”

“If I knew what ‘it’ was I wouldn’t have asked my previous question.”

“I don’t get people.”

“When did people become an it?”

“When I couldn’t get them anymore.”

“Explain.”

“I thought I just did.”

“Very funny, explain.”

“It’s always about them, never about anyone else.”

“Always about who?”

“People.”

“So people are more concerned with themselves than anyone else around them?”

“Exactly.”

“Are you part of people?”

“Sometimes, although I try not to be, it seems selfish to me.”

“Selfish to worry only about yourself?”

“Exactly.”

“What do you think you can do about…people?”

“I don’t know, they don’t seem to listen to reason.”

“An example of reason would be…”

“That life can be more fulfilling if you embrace another point of view.”

“People just don’t get that?”

“Nope.”

“I wonder why that is.”

“They don’t listen; they just assume that they way they think is right.”

“People just don’t get it.”

“Which is why I just don’t get people.”
2 Responses
  1. Krista Says:

    I'll show you how to do links tomorrow, if you liek. :)

    Good convo. You should really just do some good ol' stream-of-consciousness writing, get all the angst out of your head and onto paper...


  2. Sheri Says:

    I think I figured out the link thing, which I said to you on the way home.

    You know I really might have to do that...a stream of conscious thing...hmm...stemmed from this? Or just a ramble?