When I am Weak

I don't know what this is. I haven't decided if this is a dialogue that I'm having with myself...or if I'm talking to someone else...or if it's two characters I have yet to create. I got nothing, but since this is my blog and I feel like purging (as my lovely BFF suggested) I'm just going to stick these random dialogues in here and see what happens.

When I am Weak
© SDW 2006

"So what does that mean?"

"When I am weak He is strong?"

"Yes, that, what does that mean? What kind of weakness? What kind of strength?"

"I think compared to His strength we are all weak. So really..."

"He's saying 'depend on me'."

"Pretty much yeah."

"Sometimes that's easier said than done."

"Ya think?"

"I mean my weakness leaves me feeling vulnerable and completely out of control."

"So then how do you trust in a God you can't see?"

"Exactly."

"You just do."

"That's it? That's the solution, you just do? What if I can't just do that?"

"I think you can, I think we all can, I don't think He would ask us to do anything we aren't capable of doing."

"Psh, right, have you seen my life?"

"Sure and you've survived this far, therefore..."

"I'm capable."

"Through Him and His strength."

"If that's His strength it's awfully quiet."

"Maybe that's the point, maybe that's what He means by His strength. It's not our definition, but entirely His, His strength is only noticeable in retrospect."

"The whole 'footprints' thing? When I least expect it..."

"He carries you."

"It's funny I always wondered about that."

"What did you wonder?"

"That if He's carrying me how come I don't know?"

"Maybe if His strength is quiet than His touch is gentle. Your suffering blinds you to His carrying because He is conscious of your pain."

"How can He be conscious of my pain?"

"Because He felt it, because He chose to feel it, through pain of death He knows your suffering."

"So then He knows how to carry me."

"Gently."

"With a quiet strength."

"Exactly."

"When I am weak He is strong."

"That's truth."
2 Responses
  1. Krista Says:

    That is truth. Sounds like a conversation we might've had once upon a blue...maybe not with those words, but something along those lines.

    Sometimes it's hard to acknowledge you're being carried when you're so used to walking on your own...


  2. Sheri Says:

    You know you're right it does kinda sound like us...go fig. :p

    Hmm I like that last bit you put there...when we're so used to walking on our own. We probably do lose the sensation of being carried.

    Maybe that's another reason why we must approach Him as a little child.