|
Okay so thanks out to all those who get me about the curling and such! It's amazing when you think you're the only one who avoids this kind of thing or whatever and then you find out you aren't as alone as you thought...such is my life in that regard.
So I gotta say something is happening that frightens me...it's not a big deal or a total transformation but it's still frightening...folks I hate to say this...but...
I'm turning into my mom. *sigh*
My 16 year old self is screaming at me right now...actually yelling.
I'd like it to be known that I absolutely adore my mother she is one of the more fantastic women out there and I am damn lucky to have her as my mother...that said, this turning into her thing...oh mercy.
How am I turning into my mother? Well for starters I start sentences now that I don't finish. Or start a thought process that I don't carry out...or at least not out loud the thought continues in my head. OR I start a thought in my head and continue it out loud leaving those around me most assuredly VERY confused. Jonathan the most because he is around me the most.
My mom has done this for as long as I can remember and her dad does it so it's a genetic thing. I caught myself the other day and have noticed it's becoming a habit...so I can't help it, while I am my own person these mannerisms are most definitely my mother.
My only reassurance in all this is that I might be able to pass these traits onto an unsuspecting child and watch as it unfolds in him or her. I know my mom is finding the whole thing highly amusing.
So I gotta say something is happening that frightens me...it's not a big deal or a total transformation but it's still frightening...folks I hate to say this...but...
I'm turning into my mom. *sigh*
My 16 year old self is screaming at me right now...actually yelling.
I'd like it to be known that I absolutely adore my mother she is one of the more fantastic women out there and I am damn lucky to have her as my mother...that said, this turning into her thing...oh mercy.
How am I turning into my mother? Well for starters I start sentences now that I don't finish. Or start a thought process that I don't carry out...or at least not out loud the thought continues in my head. OR I start a thought in my head and continue it out loud leaving those around me most assuredly VERY confused. Jonathan the most because he is around me the most.
My mom has done this for as long as I can remember and her dad does it so it's a genetic thing. I caught myself the other day and have noticed it's becoming a habit...so I can't help it, while I am my own person these mannerisms are most definitely my mother.
My only reassurance in all this is that I might be able to pass these traits onto an unsuspecting child and watch as it unfolds in him or her. I know my mom is finding the whole thing highly amusing.

I turned into my mom about five years ago. *sigh* It hasn't been pretty.
Hope you have a great Christmas!!