Peace on Earth

I haven't done one of these in like a week...so inspiration has hit me again (and I don't want to saturate you with silly cat pictures) here is yet another weird dialogue between uh...you know I'll take suggestions...what kinds of people does it sound like to you?!

Peace on Earth
©SDW 2006

"It's so cliche."

"What is?"

"Peace on earth, it's like a brand now, likened to Kleenex or Chapstick."

"Are you saying that no one ever thinks about it when they say it?"

"Not to the extent they should, I mean peace on earth, do they get what that means?"

"What does it mean to you?"

"See I knew you were going to ask me that."

"Well then you should already have an answer."

"My short answer is no, unless they know the peace of Jesus deep down inside of them then I don't believe people truly understand what that means."

"He made the ultimate sacrifice for peace."

"But a peace that most don't understand, they try to put the definition in a box. I don't know if we can truly understand peace until we are in a place without sorrow."

"Interesting point."

"I know it's comes from my over abundance of intellect."

"Does this place with no sorrow have room for pride?"

"You're funny."

"It's a gift, so how do you think peace can really be found on earth?"

"I think it arrived with Jesus and can be reclaimed through Him."

"You may have a point there."

"Thank you, peace to you."

"And also to you."

May you find your own peace on earth this holiday season wherever it may crop up around you! :)
0 Responses