|
...moving.
I will allow for the appropriate amount of groaning at the ridiculous play on words there and then get on with my post.
So, two months into my new job and I'm moving. Not very far mind you, just upstairs, back into the office where this job used to be. Almost makes you wish the previous holder of this job would have mentioned it's need to stay in that office. Oh wait she did, it fell on deaf ears. Now it turns out it's probably a good idea for me to be in that office. Jeez ya think?
This means in the following week I am moving my stuff back upstairs into a quieter office with ONE door and more privacy for me to focus on...oh you know...work. There are so many distractions down here that frankly for me to get a solid hour of uninterupted work done is unheard of.
Plus I'm closer to the staff room which means closer to the coffee so my caffiene addicted body is happy about that. Oh and another thing. I'm getting a new computer! This is fantastic. The computer I am currently on is almost as old as the building with temperature issues (old in computer years, which is kinda like dog years multiply by 7 and it's more accurate).
You see part of my job is to go between three and four different applications and this thing whenever it updates anything slows down...well like right now, where there is a two second gap between me typing a letter and it showing up on the screen. Oh dear sweet new computer where for art thou?
In a couple of hours I'm going to pick up my POS Honda Accord from the mechanics where it needed to get fitted for a part that cost me over $200 to get replaced. My fiance and I have now sunk WAY more than this car is worth into it. I'm going to boycott my car, that's it I'm done we are SO getting a new one. I'll sell a kidney if I have to...does anybody know someone who wants to buy a kidney for a quarter of a million (come on I'd like to get a nice house out of this too)? If so let me know.
Anyway there are aspects of my job calling to me right now that I go and do them so I will. The temp is supposed to go up to a balmy 2 degrees C tomorrow...oh yay all this snow is going to melt...perfect...it can then freeze and cause driving hazards. *rubs temples* I love this province, I love this province, I love this province...
I will allow for the appropriate amount of groaning at the ridiculous play on words there and then get on with my post.
So, two months into my new job and I'm moving. Not very far mind you, just upstairs, back into the office where this job used to be. Almost makes you wish the previous holder of this job would have mentioned it's need to stay in that office. Oh wait she did, it fell on deaf ears. Now it turns out it's probably a good idea for me to be in that office. Jeez ya think?
This means in the following week I am moving my stuff back upstairs into a quieter office with ONE door and more privacy for me to focus on...oh you know...work. There are so many distractions down here that frankly for me to get a solid hour of uninterupted work done is unheard of.
Plus I'm closer to the staff room which means closer to the coffee so my caffiene addicted body is happy about that. Oh and another thing. I'm getting a new computer! This is fantastic. The computer I am currently on is almost as old as the building with temperature issues (old in computer years, which is kinda like dog years multiply by 7 and it's more accurate).
You see part of my job is to go between three and four different applications and this thing whenever it updates anything slows down...well like right now, where there is a two second gap between me typing a letter and it showing up on the screen. Oh dear sweet new computer where for art thou?
In a couple of hours I'm going to pick up my POS Honda Accord from the mechanics where it needed to get fitted for a part that cost me over $200 to get replaced. My fiance and I have now sunk WAY more than this car is worth into it. I'm going to boycott my car, that's it I'm done we are SO getting a new one. I'll sell a kidney if I have to...does anybody know someone who wants to buy a kidney for a quarter of a million (come on I'd like to get a nice house out of this too)? If so let me know.
Anyway there are aspects of my job calling to me right now that I go and do them so I will. The temp is supposed to go up to a balmy 2 degrees C tomorrow...oh yay all this snow is going to melt...perfect...it can then freeze and cause driving hazards. *rubs temples* I love this province, I love this province, I love this province...

haha. Jeeez, those Prov administrators are the most organized people in the world, not? NOT! LOL! The temperature issues upstairs shouldn't be as bad, which is a good thing! :)
As for loving this province, etc. Hmmm...don't I remember a certain someone saying that she did not want to marry a guy from this province, and definitely not a Mennonite? Oh wait, that was me. Didn't you, too? :P LOL! What life does...